Friday, January 23, 2009

To The Plains



Wednesday afternoon was spent working on a mix for the next release. I had lunch, went over a few tunes, and hit the road. I was headed south to Auburn University. I had the opportunity to play an intimate acoustic set for an audience at the Big Blue Bagel.

The Big Blue Bagel is exactly what it sounds like. A bagel a shop. Yet, this bagel shop is no ordinary restaurant. As I entered the place for sound check, my feet walked across hardwood floors. Pictures of Dylan and Garcia hung freely around the venue. I immediately felt comfort there.

From the moment I entered, I understood why it is such a popular place. The people working were fantastic, the acoustics could not have been better, and the food was delicious. One of the things I found so intriguing were the reasons they served beer from tap and not from bottle. They revolved around recycling and being conscious of the environment. More power to you Big Blue!

After the show, I got some time to hang with my brother. It was such a treat for us to have time to chill. Both of us are extremely busy, so when this time comes available we live it up.

On the drive back to Birmingham I listened to Jim James and M. Ward performing at SXSW. My brother had given me the disk for the drive. It was the perfect way to end a trip. Thanks to my brother, the Big Blue Bagel, and thank you to my new friends. I hope to see you all again very soon.

JP

2009


"When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life."
--Antisthenes

No comments: